Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ella, The Torch

The name Ella means torch, lamp, or bright light. My cousin brought this to my attention shortly after Ella came home and she surely lived up to her name! Torches are symbolic of enlightenment and hope. Lately I we have been really missing Ella a lot and last weekend at Papa's house I was noticing this beautiful flower in their garden. I asked the girl's grandma Von what it was called and she said it was the torch flower. She said she had given me one after Ella passed to plant in my garden, but I had not seen it come up yet. The next morning I was looking out my window while doing dishes and there it was! Standing all alone, tall and beautiful. My eyes welled with tears like they do every time I see little reminders of Ella.
 
Isaiah 62
1: For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
2: And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
3: Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God



No comments:

Post a Comment