Saturday, June 8, 2013

Uncle Ed joined Ella last week

We have had a very busy couple of weeks as my uncle has been in the hospital and was moved to Syracuse when things were getting worse. With my cousin Katie, his daughter, and her fresh bundle of joy coming into town, the girls were eager to get their hands on their new little cousin, Levi. Unfortunately, my uncle Ed never got to hold his new grandson who was just a week old. As we shed tears over the heartache of Katie never watching her son grow up with his grandfather, we rejoice in knowing where he is today, giving his heart to the Lord the week before. My girls got to know him well over the last couple years as I would pick him up and drive him back and forth to his appointments when no one else was available. The one hour round trip was sometimes like pulling teeth to get him to make small talk with me, but he always had goofy faces and noises for the girls in the backseat. He could always get them to smile when they wanted to be shy or serious. When I told them the news that he had passed away, Nadia asked "where did he go mom?" I told her he went to heaven. "Can we go too mom, please please can we?!?" she eagerly replied. I was a little shocked yet delighted with her response. We all look forward to the day when we will be reunited with our loved ones again, until then we won't take a single day for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment