Thursday, September 27, 2012

End of Pregnancy Inspiration

I have almost been pregnant for two years straight, and it has not been easy. This year has been a challenge for me physically, mentally, or emotionally. Being pregnant is not one of my favorite past times and I have chosen to embrace this pregnancy from day one, this is exactly what we desired. I am very blessed and grateful that a quick pregnancy was what God gave us. A new life, a new beginning, a chance at healing. I know I have said this before but bringing another child into our home has been very long awaited. These last few weeks, days, hours, whatever they may be, have been filled with excitement, love, anticipation, frustration, planning, ect.  I came across this article the other day on a blog, and it really spoke to me. When I find myself feeling impatient I pull up this article to bring me back to a place of peace.



The end of pregnancy can be so hard. You are ready to throw in the towel and give up. Swollen ankles, face and every other body part, stretch marks, feeling like you need a crane to help lift you and turn you in bed, the waddle, pelvic and pubic bone pain, and who knows what else. But you can’t…give up.

This pregnancy has been very hard for me emotionally, physically and what life has thrown at our family. As I near the end of this pregnancy (around 37-38 weeks), I have a choice. I can moan, groan and bitch about how I feel or I can remember why I wanted another child, how blessed I am and how much empowering birth rocks! I choose the latter (most of the time).

I have been thinking of how I want to feel and how I want to view the end of this pregnancy. You can call them affirmations, tricks of the mind, positive thinking…whatever. As long as they help get me and keep me in a good mindset, I don’t care what you call them!

“Sweet baby, I trust your wisdom. I have faith that you know better than any of us earthside. I know the veil is so thin for you that you are connected to the truth. I will not interfere with that pureness. I will only have patience, trust and faith.” ♥

“I know the pain I am feeling is only physical. I know it will not last. I know that it will all vanish the moment you are in my arms. I know that as I count your toes…1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10…with each number my memories of discomfort, lack of sleep, aches and pains will all fade away into a distant memory. I will only feel the ecstasy of birthing you…of giving you life.” ♥

“I am in awe with every uterine tightening I feel. It’s my body’s way of giving my baby a gentle hug.”

“I thoroughly enjoy each tightening of my belly. It reminds me that my body and baby are and will work in perfect unison to bring my baby to me. I welcome this physical change with anticipation and excitement!”

The girls wanted to draw pictures on my belly. This is what they came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment